HOW TO REGISTER
You can register by phone by calling (203) 426-1787 with a Visa, Master or Discover Card with an expiration date and 3-digit security code. Please have all the information requested on the mail-in registration form before calling.
You may register in person by coming to the Newtown Continuing Education Office located at Newtown High School, 12 Berkshire Road, Sandy Hook, CT 06482, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Simply complete the registration form (or a copy of one) sign it and send it with payment to Newtown Continuing Education, 12 Berkshire Road, Sandy Hook, CT 06482.
Have your FAX transmit a completed registration form to our FAX machine by calling (203) 426-1787. Be sure to include your Visa, Master or Discover Card number, expiration date, 3-digit security code and signature
- Please register early. Waiting until the last minute to register may result in the cancellation of a class. In addition, many classes have limited enrollment.·
- Register by February 24th and receive a 10% discount. This discount is not available for language classes, bus trips, online courses and others as noted.
- All Senior Citizens (62 and older) receive a 25% discount for courses not specifically excluded or bring a senior friend for free!
NOTE: The Senior discounts are not available for language courses, bus trips, online courses, and others as noted.
- Board of Education rules prohibit anyone under the age of sixteen from taking an Adult Education course without special permission. Call Continuing Education for information.
- NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS! The only time you will hear from us is if there is a change in time or day or the class is full or cancelled.
- After the first class, if a course does not meet your expectations a refund or credit will be issued.
- Online Classes—please be sure to include your email address when registering for one of these classes.
- You can view our brochure or print a registration form from our Website: www.newtowncontinuinged.org.
· Payment is due at time of enrollment.
· Returned checks are subject to a $10.00 service fee.
All classes are offered at NHS (Newtown High School) unless otherwise noted in the course description. NMS stands for Newtown Middle School, RIS stands for Reed Intermediate School ,SHS stands for Sandy Hook School and Teen Ctr stands for Teen Center. Room assignments will be posted and staff will be available for assistance on the first night of classes at the High School.
THERE WILL BE NO CLASSES on 9/21, 11/7, 11/22, 11/23, 11/24, 12/25, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29. Additionally, there are no classes at the Middle School on 10/24 and 10/26 and at the Reed School and Sandy Hook School on 10/24, 10/25, 10/26, 10/27, 3/15, 3/16, 3/30.
SCHOOL CLOSING POLICY
If day time classes are cancelled because of inclement weather there will be NO evening classes. The following radio stations broadcast “no school” announcements: WLAD Danbury 800, FM WDAQ 98.3, FM WEZN 99.9 and WTNH News Channel 8.
PLEASE NOTE: All public school buildings and grounds are non-smoking areas, per policy of the Newtown Board of Education.
Newtown Continuing Education, 12 Berkshire Road, Sandy Hook, CT 06482
Newtown Continuing Education does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, race, color, age, marital status, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religion, mental orphysical disability or any other legally recognized protected status in any of its employment practices, school activities, or