Board of Education Standing Committees
The following are standing committees of the BOE, expected to make regular reports to the BOE as a whole. Meetings will be posted and will be open to the public. Each committee may elect a secretary. The chairperson will serve as secretary if none is elected. The committee chairperson will be responsible for calling meetings, setting agendas, and moving committee work forward. The committee secretary will write up brief minutes and post in a timely manner consistent with FOI requirements. The Board Chair, with the approval of the Board, may also appoint additional standing committees as may be needed.
1. Financial Responsibilities
a) Review monthly line item expenditure report from the BOE Business Director;
b) Review all budget transfers between line items and, when required, make recommendations for such transfers;
c) Review financial reporting mechanisms and yearly budget documentation for clarity and content and present any recommendations;
2. CIP/Facilities Responsibilities
a) Review capital expenditures and proposals for the Town's five year capital improvement plan (CIP) in accordance with the CIP regulation timeline;
b) Review quarterly, building and maintenance needs with the Building and Grounds Facility Director;
1. Work with the Superintendent and the Board to communicate effectively with the education community and the community as a whole about school matters
2. Produce fact-based newsletters and documents as directed by the Board
CONTRACT NEGOTIATION COMMITTEE
1. Develop a consistent body of expertise regarding union contract negotiations at the Board level.
2. Committee members will split specific union negotiations among themselves, and members should reflect a variety of skills and length on the Board.
CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION COMMITTEE
1. Ensure that the direction of the curriculum reflects the Board of Education mission, beliefs and objectives at both the course-specific and K-12 vertical alignment level.
2. Meet with administration and staff to review goals, curriculum updates, new textbooks, proposed or changed courses and programs and make recommendations regarding these items.
1. Review and propose revisions to Board policies as needed to ensure consistency with the District mission statement, best practices and for compliance with state and federal laws;
2. Develop new Board policies as appropriate.
1. Meet with district technology representatives to review technology needs and status of inventory.
2. Review availability of technology for standardized testing and educational needs.
School. Connect with school administration and PTA to offer attendance at meetings or events when possible.
Boards and Committees. Attend meetings when possible to help keep the Board of Education informed of the activities of outside agencies.
Debbie Leidlein, Chair
Keith Alexander, Chair
Contract Negotiation Committee
Debbie Leidlein, Chair
Curriculum and Instruction Committee
John Vouros, Chair
Michelle Ku, Chair
Andy Clure, Chair
NHS: John Vouros
NMS: Andy Clure
RIS: Keith Alexander
HAW: Rebekah Harriman-Stites
HOM: Dan Cruson
MG: Michelle Ku
SHS: Debbie Leidlein
Boards and Committees
District Special Education/Gifted Education Team: John Vouros
NFT Culture and Climate Committee: John Vouros, Rebekah Harriman-Stites
Para Culture and Climate Committee: John Vouros
School-Based Health Center: Andy Clure
District Security Team: Michelle Ku
Board of Selectmen: Keith Alexander
Legislative Council: Andy Clure
Board of Finance: Debbie Leidlein
Municipal Building Strategic Plan Advisory Committee: Rebekah Harriman-Stites
Education Connection: Michelle Ku
Magnet School: John Vouros