Welcome to Project Challenge, Newtown's gifted education program.
This site is designed to help you navigate resources and provide an understanding for the gifted education services that Newtown Public Schools offers.
Project Challenge is designed to help students:
- Work at advanced academic and creative levels
- Improve communication skills
- Apply ideas effectively in order to become creative producers, not just consumers, of knowledge
- Develop skills in problem solving, critical and creative thinking, and decision-making
- Build leadership skills and abilities
- Encourage an enthusiasm for learning that helps students develop as autonomous learners
Special Education Supervisor
Mrs. Maureen Hall