- Annual Notices
- Before & After School Programs
- Communication Guidelines for Parents & Students
- District School Calendar 2021-2022
- Portuguese District School Calendar 2021-2022
- Spanish District School Calendar 2021-2022
- District School Calendar 2022-2023
- District School Hours
- New Student Registration
- Nutrition & Lunch Menus
- Parent Resources & Links
- Student Accident Insurance Info
- Student Success Plans
- Summer Math & Reading
- Teacher Websites
- Title IX Information
- Volunteering at Our Schools
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer in the Newtown Public Schools. Recognizing our high responsibility to our students, we require that all who will be volunteering submit to a criminal background investigation and complete a Volunteer Background Check Authorization Form, as well as a Volunteer Information Form and Waiver of Liability each school year. In addition, all volunteers who will be working with students one-on-one without direct sight-line supervision by staff, or out of public view must be fingerprinted for a complete criminal background investigation each school year.
Please click on the link below to print Volunteer forms:
Volunteer Background Check Authorization Form and Volunteer Information Form and Waiver of Liability (in PDF)- to be completed by all school volunteers prior to the beginning of each school year.
Procedures to Volunteer in the Newtown Public Schools:
1. Each school year all volunteers must complete a Volunteer Background Check Authorization Form and a Volunteer Information Form and Waiver of Liability well in advance of the volunteer activity they plan to attend. Please return these forms to the school(s) in which you will be volunteering.
2. All volunteers who will be working with students one-on-one without direct sight-line supervision by staff, or out of public view, must be fingerprinted for a complete criminal background investigation each school year. If you are told that you need to be fingerprinted, please see Sarah Connell in our Central Office, 3 Primrose Street, Newtown, CT, for a fingerprint card and further instructions.
3. All background investigations will be conducted by Mark Pompano, Director of Security, for the Newtown Public Schools. Fingerprint based criminal background investigations will be sent to the State Police Bureau of Investigations.
4. On the day of the event, prior to engaging in any volunteer activity, each volunteer will present their driver's license to the respective school security officer. The security officer will physically scan the volunteer's license in the Raptor System. The Raptor System screens out registered sex offenders.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. It is widely believed that school volunteers positively impact self-esteem, attitudes, social growth and communication skills in students. Through school volunteer programs, adults with a wide variety of backgrounds and skill sets are able to provide the kind of personalized attention that help students to flourish.
If you have any questions regarding volunteering in the Newtown Public Schools, please contact Sarah Connell at 203-426-7606.