|The district of Newtown prides itself on the collegial manner in which the staff network offers continued
guidance to all teachers, providing them with support and fostering within them a sense of achievement
in their own professional growth. Each school offers professional learning opportunities to meet targeted
goals. A district-wide Professional Learning Committee coordinates opportunities or professional learning
days and or after-school programs.
Offer a Workshop!
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Does Newtown allow study groups for professional development and professional learning hours?
Question 2: Can I do an independent study for credit?
Question 4: I am a new teacher. Do I need to accumulate Professional Learning hours toward my certification?
Question 3: Now that the state no longer requires CEUs toward our certification renewal, what must I do to provide evidence of our professional learning to satisfy the state requirements?
Professional Development Opportunities
- NPS Professional Development Workshops
- IREX - Fulbright Scholarships for Educators
- National Geographic Education - Professional Development
- researchITCT Professional Development Collection
- SimpleK12: The Teacher Learning Community
- Learning Forward: The Professional Learning Association
- edWeb Webinars: Free Online Professional Development
District PD Workshop Handouts
Please feel free to use the handouts below from the various workshops that have been offered.
- BloomBoard Training (PDF)
- Classroom Management (PDF)
- Connecting with Culture Presentation (PDF)
- Connecting with Culture Lesson (PDF)
- Creating Between the Lines (PDF)
- Getting Started with Google Classroom (PDF)
- EdCamp (PDF)
- Growth Mindset (PDF)
- Growth Mindset - Mindset Quiz (PDF)
- Maker Space
- Making Thinking Visible (PDF)
- Mindfullness in the Classroom (PDF)
- MS Word 2010 (PDF)
- Understanding Dyslexia (PDF)
- VidCode - An Introduction (PDF)
- VidCode Projects (PDF)
- VidCode - Quiz (PDF)
- Visual Literacy (PDF)
- Visual Literacy Resources (PDF)
- Welcome to Windows 10! (PDF)