CIP/FACILITIES/FINANCE COMMITTTEE (CFF)
- Financial Responsibilities
b) Time permitting, review all budget transfers between line items and make recommendations for such transfers;
c) Review financial reporting mechanisms and yearly budget documentation for clarity and content and present any recommendations;
d) Provide oversight of contracts totaling $200,000or more over the duration of the contract.
- Review the terms and conditions for the Request For Proposals (RFP);
- Review contract bids prior to recommendation to the Board;
- Review reports from contracted services as needed.
2. CIP/Facilities Responsibilities
a) Review capital expenditures and proposals for the Town's five and ten year capital improvement plan (CIP) in accordance with the Town's CIP Regulation timeline;
b) Review quarterly, building and maintenance needs with the Building and Grounds Facility Director.
c) Provide oversight to BOE Capital Improvement Projects, working with the Director of Facilities and, as needed, the Town Public Building and Site and other Town commissions.
CONTRACT NEGOTIATION COMMITTEE
- Develop a consistent body of expertise regarding union contract negotiations at the Board level;
- Committee members will split specific union negotiations among themselves, and members should reflect a variety of skills and length of service on the Board. Additional Board members may be assigned by the Board Chair to fill out representation for specific negotiations.
CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION / SEL COMMITTEE
- Ensure that the direction of the curriculum reflects the Board of Education mission, beliefs and objectives at both the course-specific and K-12 vertical alignment level;
- Meet with administration and staff to review goals, curriculum updates, new textbooks, proposed or changed courses and programs and make recommendations regarding these items.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION COMMITTEE
- Review, support and oversee the goals and objectives of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work in the District to ensure consistency with Board Policies.
- Work with the Coordinator of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, the Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent and the Equity Team and act as bridge to the Board of Education and its committees on matters related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Recommend to the Board of Education any action that needs their approval to support the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion needs of staff and students.
- Review and propose revisions to Board policies as needed to ensure consistency with the District mission statement, best practices and for compliance with state and federal laws;
- Develop new Board policies as appropriate.
School. Connect with school administration and PTA to offer attendance at meetings or events when possible.
Boards and Committees. Attend meetings when possible to help keep the Board of Education informed of the activities of outside agencies.
BOE CFF Subcommittee Meeting Dates for 2024 (PDF)
BOE Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Subcommittee Meeting Dates for 2024 (PDF)
BOE Policy Meeting Dates for 2023 (PDF)
BOE Social/Emotional/Health/Wellness Subcommittee Meeting Dates for 2023 (PDF)
CIP/Facilities/Finance Committee (CFF)
Curriculum and Instruction / SEL Committee
Don Ramsey - Chair
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Chris Gilson - Chair
NHS: John Vouros
NMS: Don Ramsey
RIS: Shannon Tomai
HOM: Shannon Tomai
MGS: Alison Plante
SHS: John Vouros
Boards and Committees
NFT Culture and Climate Committee
Para Culture and Climate Committee
District Safety and Security Team