CIP/FACILITIES/FINANCE COMMITTTEE (CFF)
- Financial Responsibilities
b) Time permitting, review all budget transfers between line items and make recommendations for such transfers;
c) Review financial reporting mechanisms and yearly budget documentation for clarity and content and present any recommendations;
d) Review contracts prior to recommendation to the Board;
e) Review reports from contracted services as needed.
2. CIP/Facilities Responsibilities
a) Review capital expenditures and proposals for the Town's five and ten year capital improvement plan (CIP) in accordance with the Town's CIP Regulation timeline;
b) Review quarterly, building and maintenance needs with the Building and Grounds Facility Director.
c) Provide oversight to BOE Capital Improvement Projects, working with the Director of Facilities and, as needed, the Town Public Building and Site and other Town commissions.
- Work with the Superintendent and the Board to communicate effectively with the education community and the community as a whole about school matters;
- Produce fact-based newsletters and documents as directed by the Board.
CONTRACT NEGOTIATION COMMITTEE
- Develop a consistent body of expertise regarding union contract negotiations at the Board level;
- Committee members will split specific union negotiations among themselves, and members should reflect a variety of skills and length of service on the Board. Additional Board members may be assigned by the Board Chair to fill out representation for specific negotiations.
CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION COMMITTEE
- Ensure that the direction of the curriculum reflects the Board of Education mission, beliefs and objectives at both the course-specific and K-12 vertical alignment level;
- Meet with administration and staff to review goals, curriculum updates, new textbooks, proposed or changed courses and programs and make recommendations regarding these items.
- Review and propose revisions to Board policies as needed to ensure consistency with the District mission statement, best practices and for compliance with state and federal laws;
- Develop new Board policies as appropriate.
- Meet with district technology representatives to review technology needs and status of inventory;
- Review availability of technology for standardized testing and educational needs;
- Review practices used to ensure the safety and security of the district's digital information.
School. Connect with school administration and PTA to offer attendance at meetings or events when possible.
Boards and Committees. Attend meetings when possible to help keep the Board of Education informed of the activities of outside agencies.
BOE CFF/CIP Subcommittee Meeting Dates for 2022 (PDF)
BOE Communications Subcommittee Meeting Dates for 2022 (PDF)
Don Ramsey, Chair
Contract Negotiation Committee
Curriculum and Instruction Committee
John Vouros - Chair
Dan Cruson - Chair
Debbie Leidlein - Chair
NHS: John Vouros
NMS: Don Ramsey
RIS: Janet Kuzma
HAW: Rebekah Harriman
HOM: Dan Cruson
MG: Deborra Zukowski
SHS: Jennifer Larkin
Boards and Committees
NFT Culture and Climate Committee
Para Culture and Climate Committee
District Safety and Security Team
Daniel Cruson, Jr.